Job Title Software Developer / Data Scientist
Company Overview Escarpment Laboratories Inc. is a Guelph, Ontario-based yeast lab offering a wide range of liquid yeast cultures for craft brewers and homebrewers. We strive to provide brewers with accurate quantities of fresh, high-quality yeast for optimal fermentation.
Description Escarpment Labs is looking to bring on a software developer / data scientist with internal application development and data analysis. While in this role the developer will work closely with team members to understand problems they are experiencing in order to create software and automation solutions that meet their needs. The developer will be expected to assist in other teams outside of their specialization, which may require being on site.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Update and maintain existing internal software tools
- Develop tools to ensure products contained within digital catalog comply with business requirements and are accessible to the appropriate customer segments
- Work with packaging and fulfillment teams to ensure appropriate inventory levels
- Provide technical support to customers and other Escarpment Labs staff
- Develop and maintain statistical analysis solutions
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and the basics of programming
- (optional) Familiarity with ecommerce needs
- (optional) Familiarity with lean manufacturing practices, kanban, etc.
- (optional) Experience working within microbiology lab or manufacturing settings
- Source control management with Git
- Test-driven software development using Minitest, Selenium, etc.
- Current web stack consists of: Ruby, Rails, Docker, Postgres, Shopify, Zoho Creator, Vue.js, jQuery
- Data analysis and visualization of lab, production and sales data using R
We pride ourselves on being a good place to work. We offer competitive compensation, paid sick leave, healthcare benefits, and free beer. We also insist on a healthy work/life balance.
A wide range of equipment and ingredients are available to staff for fermentation projects. We encourage all staff to become fermentation specialists, discovering the flavour potential of microbes.
Anticipated start date for this position is June-July 2021.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Software Developer / Data Scientist”. Include your cover letter in the body of the email and your CV as an attachment. Make sure to tell us why you think you are a good fit for our company, and what you hope to learn and achieve while you’re here.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 28th.
Escarpment Labs is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We invite and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our company.