Escarpment Laboratories are Canada’s yeast experts, helping brewers craft their best beer. We prioritize excellent customer support and knowledge sharing with our customers, so they can stress less. The Sales Representative will play an important role in growing our market share as we enter an exciting new phase in our company’s growth.
Experience in the brewing industry is not required, but candidates must share our passion for helping customers to make award-winning beers, and for delivering a high-quality customer experience within a culture of continuous improvement. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in a sales role, a strong command of the fundamentals of brewery operations and beer fermentations, and French fluency.
Note: This is a part-time position to start, but we anticipate this transitioning into a full-time position by summer 2021.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & ABILITIES
- The successful candidate will be required to establish and maintain strong rapports with brewers and other brewing professionals, and to provide knowledgeable support to our clients. A strong command of fermentation science and brewery operations would therefore reduce the learning curve considerably.
- Prior experience in a sales role would be beneficial.
- Bilingualism would be a strong advantage.
- Prior knowledge of Shopify is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience working in a team to complete complex projects is desired.
- Basic web design (HTML, CSS) and/or programming experience is an asset.
- Candidate must understand the business case of projects, and have a strong commitment to quality and to always delivering a top-notch customer experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The majority of work required for this position can be conducted remotely, but the successful candidate may be required to come to our office in Guelph from time to time. Post-pandemic, the job description will include travel for outside sales activities.
- We are a growing company (pun intended). This means that priorities and tasks can change rapidly at times. This also means you will have a high degree of flexibility as to how to do your job, and that we embrace an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and change management.
- This is a part-time position to start, but we anticipate this transitioning into a full-time position by summer 2021.
- We pride ourselves on being a good place to work. We offer competitive compensation, paid sick leave, healthcare benefits, and free beer. We also insist on a healthy work/life balance.
- A wide range of equipment and ingredients are available to staff for fermentation projects. We encourage all staff to become competent fermentation specialists and to be creative with the art and joy of fermentation.
Anticipated start date for this position is March-April 2021.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SALES REP APPLICATION”. Include your cover letter in the body of the email and your CV as an attachment. Make sure to tell us why you think you are a good fit for our team, and what you hope to learn and achieve within the company.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 26th.
Escarpment Labs is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We invite and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our company.